They had collard greens as a manager’s special, 32 ounces for $1.99, so, I had to make some yummy, and a little bit spicy greens.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 (1-pound) bag or 1 pound cleaned, cooked and chopped turnip greens
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2/3 cup chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2-3 teaspoons ground chile de arbol
- 1 1/4 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- Okay, you put the greens in a large pot and cover with water . Bring to a boil and then simmer for 45 minutes. Cut up the onion and garlic and put that into the butter or margarine and soften the onions then add the chile de arbol. Instead of the tomatoes I use Herdez hot salsa. Drain the greens after the 45 min. and add the onion, butter tomato mixture and the chicken stock. You will not believe how awesome these are.
- Good Luck out there, as collard greens do bring good luck!